Operation Warrior Shield
“Healing the Hidden Wounds”
Tax ID 81-1268470 501C3 IRS Certified
HOW OWS SERVED IN 2021
1. 2021 started out by OWS thanking all those notables who helped us “to heal their hidden wounds”; Commissioner Hendon, BG Sutton, Julie Weintraub, Susan Lucci, Loretta Swift, JW Cortes, NYPD Chief Scholl, Chef Rush, Daniel Rodriguez, Mayor-Elect Adams, NYPD Wil Wong/Deputy Inspector Wachter, Cindy Marinangel, Greta Blackburn, Bob Roth, Tony Lo Bianco, with special thanks to Scarlett Johansson.
2. Job Well-Done to our Sr. Goodwill Ambassador Errol Rappaport and his Goodwill Team and the skills of Branding Ovation’s Bethann Carbone and Mike Heil. Also, to the hundreds to whom there is not enough room to say –THANK YOU.
(Those who perform acts of kindness without seeking reward, receive the greatest reward of all—God’s Love.)
3. OWS received many awards throughout the year—NYPD Certificate of Appreciation, WABC 770 Radio, Brooklyn Borough President Proclamation, Dept. of Veterans Services Certificate of Appreciation, Doris Day Animal Foundation Grant, Wonderama Productions, NYC Council Grant (Pending).
4. Creation of Operation Canine Companion and Hope for Heroes program to develop companion dogs for seriously wounded Veterans. First two purchased (Yellin and Louie) and trained for Marines David Tupper and Carlos Figueroa. They will be delivered to them in January 2022.
5. NYPD/DLF/OWS luncheon was held to recognize the successful program of bringing Transcendental Meditation to NYC’s Finest. The program being funded by NYPD and is to continue in 2022.
6. OWS Annual Gala was a sold-out event at The Water Club where our first puppies were introduced with great applause. A night to be remembered.
7. Plans are being made for an April 2, 2022 OWS/Chi Chi Rodriguez Golf Classic to be held in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
8. Picture is worth a thousand words !!
BEST WISHES FROM ED SCHLOEMAN, CHAIRMAN